Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes email address change

Hi - I set up an iTunes account some years ago before I set up an apple account and email address. How do I change the old email address I used to set up my iTunes (an email address i never now use), for my iCloud one for the purposes of bringing my iTunes library and all future use of Apple Music under my iCloud email address?

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 1:00 PM

You can change the primary email address on the account to another non-Apple email address : Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

3 replies

Aug 11, 2019 1:40 PM in response to King_Penguin

Thanks King Penguin. I’m being very dim. I don’t want to change the email address attached to my iTunes account to another non iCloud email address. I have an iCloud email address now, but didn’t when I opened my iTunes account. I want to wipe my old non iCloud email address and attach my iCloud email address to my iTunes account so I can start accessing and adding to my iTunes library once more. This has been denied me for some time, ever since my old laptop gave up and also ceased to be able to take iTunes software upgrades. Have I explained this ok?

iTunes email address change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.