Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard Numbers Language

Hi ,

I would appreciate if I have a choice to keep the iPhone keyboard’ numbers in english no matter what language I use.

I am talking with my experience when I changed the iPhone keyboard to Arabic language, the numbers change to Arabic too. I hope if there is a choice like the one in Mac book OS that has the option to choose the Arabic -Egypt language while the keyboard numbers remain in English which is awesome.

Thanks,

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 11:18 AM

Thanks Sravan, Actually I am looking to have this feature build in the IOS original keyboard without holding down the numbers. Unfortunately the third party keyboard have the same issue +they are not smooth as the original keyboard.

I’ve sent the feature suggestion to apple using the feedback page.

I really appreciated your help. 🙏

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2019 11:18 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks Sravan, Actually I am looking to have this feature build in the IOS original keyboard without holding down the numbers. Unfortunately the third party keyboard have the same issue +they are not smooth as the original keyboard.

I’ve sent the feature suggestion to apple using the feedback page.

I really appreciated your help. 🙏

Aug 11, 2019 11:02 AM in response to NH556

Please try holding down the Arabic numbers. Both the options will appear. If you do like this then please look for any third part app that may have been developed to suit your requirement

Add or delete a third-party keyboard app

You can install third-party keyboard apps just like you install other apps on your device. After you install a new keyboard, you need to add it before you can use it. Follow these steps:

1. Go to the App Store and find the keyboard app that you want.
  2. Tap Get > Install.
  3. Enter your Apple ID password or use Face ID or Touch ID if it's available on your device.
  4. Then add the new keyboard. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add a New Keyboard and select the app that you installed. You might need to set the keyboard to allow full access in order to use it.

To delete a third-party keyboard:

1. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard and tap Keyboards.
  2. Tap Edit. 
  3. Tap , then tap Done. 

You can also delete a keyboard by deleting the companion app that you installed from the App Store. This also removes the keyboard from Settings.

About the keyboards settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202178

Keyboard Numbers Language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.