Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro Magic Keyboard Language / Set Up Change

Hello,

I recently bought an IpadPro and I wonder if I buy a magic keyboard can I change the keyboard language like in Mac where the order of letters, symbols, numbers adjusts to the language chosen?

For example, I can work on any mac keyboard set up as long as I have set it to British English as I know by memory where the symbols and letters are on that keyboard. Currently working on a Macbook Pro with a Spanish keyboard (as it was bought in Spain) but have changed the language to British, so all symbols and letters are in their "right" place. I wonder if it works the same for Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro?

I ask because there is a significant price difference in the keyboard between different language setups. E.g. the English (UK) Magic Keyboard sells for 400 euros on Apple Amazon Store, where the Switzerland Magic Keyboard is 185 for example just because Switzerland uses a QWERTZ keyboard, not QWERTY.

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 1:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 4:25 AM

Yes, in iOS you can go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Hardware Keyboard and choose the language mapping for your hardware keyboard independently of what might be printed on the keys, just as you can in MacOS.

The only limitation is that some MacOS layouts may not be available. I think British - PC, which has the @ symbol over at the right edge, may be missing, if that is one you need.

Also there's no way to create customized hardware layouts (which is pretty easy on MacOS).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2021 4:25 AM in response to dobsyyy

Yes, in iOS you can go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Hardware Keyboard and choose the language mapping for your hardware keyboard independently of what might be printed on the keys, just as you can in MacOS.

The only limitation is that some MacOS layouts may not be available. I think British - PC, which has the @ symbol over at the right edge, may be missing, if that is one you need.

Also there's no way to create customized hardware layouts (which is pretty easy on MacOS).

IPad Pro Magic Keyboard Language / Set Up Change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.