Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magic keyboard locale layout

Hello!

In my country, the „Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 11‑inch (2nd generation)” is available with my country locale, but what does that means really?

My language has extra characters like diacritics (șȘ, țȚ, ăĂ, îÎ, âÂ). Will these be available on the Magic Keyboard? If yes, HOW will I use them, what do I press?

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 11:12 AM

ovi.sergiu wrote: Can those be remapped?

Yes, in the settings for Hardware Keyboard on the iPad, you can choose "Romanian Standard", which has the special characters over at the right edge.

You can use any available layout for any language with any hardware keyboard, you just change the settings.

Switching between layouts is done via the Globe key or Control plus Space.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 11:12 AM in response to ovi.sergiu

ovi.sergiu wrote: Can those be remapped?

Yes, in the settings for Hardware Keyboard on the iPad, you can choose "Romanian Standard", which has the special characters over at the right edge.

You can use any available layout for any language with any hardware keyboard, you just change the settings.

Switching between layouts is done via the Globe key or Control plus Space.

Jun 12, 2020 10:59 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Sorry, I now see there are all the diacritics.

But the arrangement is sooo awful... The romanian diacritics were always in the right side, where „Ț” is and near him.

Putting the Ș and the Î in the upper left side, now that is a very wrong move...

1. Can those be remapped?
  2. If I buy an English locale keyboard, I can not have Romanian diacritics right? There is nowhere a „ctrl+shift” combination like in Windows so I can switch between locales? In fact, does this keyboard support 2 different locales and can they be switched from somewhere?

magic keyboard locale layout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.