Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my Apple Watch turn itself off of water proof mode when swimming?

Why does my Apple Watch turn itself off of water proof mode when I swim with the water lock on?

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 4:42 PM

There is no such thing as Water Proof or Water Resistant mode.

The Watch is water resistant always. Regardless of whether Water lock is on or not.

Water Lock only prevents water pressure on the screen from registering as touches and doing strange things on the screen. It does not in any way change the water resistance of the watch.

It also does not automatically turn on unless you start a swimming workout. Simply submerging the watch in water will not cause it to be turned on.

The only way to turn off Water Lock, is to rotate the Digital Crown counterclockwise until it turns off.

See here: About Apple Watch water resistance - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2019 4:42 PM in response to Athiel2024

There is no such thing as Water Proof or Water Resistant mode.

The Watch is water resistant always. Regardless of whether Water lock is on or not.

Water Lock only prevents water pressure on the screen from registering as touches and doing strange things on the screen. It does not in any way change the water resistance of the watch.

It also does not automatically turn on unless you start a swimming workout. Simply submerging the watch in water will not cause it to be turned on.

The only way to turn off Water Lock, is to rotate the Digital Crown counterclockwise until it turns off.

See here: About Apple Watch water resistance - Apple Support

Why does my Apple Watch turn itself off of water proof mode when swimming?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.