Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Offloaded Apps

I have a few apps I want to offload, but want to know if there’s a way to view previously offloaded apps so in case I want to reinstall, and don’t remember the name of the app, I can find it through some sort of list.

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 7:46 PM

Hello,

App Store purchases can be re-downloaded from App Store -> Tap your account -> Purchases.

2 replies

Aug 11, 2019 9:37 PM in response to Carl_ios

There is no way to simply “offload” an app.

If you delete an app off of your iDevice, you delete the data inside of the app.

Before you start willy nilly deleting apps off your iPad, make sure you back up any app data first.

Backup your iPad to either Apple's iCloud or by connecting your iDevice to a computer running the latest iTunes or some other offsite, online, “cloud” data storage service, like Google Drive/Photos, DropBox, BOX, Flickr (for images ) and/or similar data storage/backup services.

Best of Luck to You!

Offloaded Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.