Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting Quick Time Video to work with Final Cut Pro

Hi, Lost my Go Pro on Vacation, Filmed many videos with my iPhone X (Quick Time Video), trying to import to Final Cut Pro X (Version 10.3.4) But Final Cut Pro won't allow it. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you

iPhone X

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 11:10 AM

In addition to what Tom said: if, for some reason you can’t update FCP X, you may still convert your iPhone videos in one of the following ways:

-in your mac (if you have at least High Sierra, I believe) by opening in Quicktime Player and exporting as H264.

-when transferring from the iPhone to the mac: in the iPhone settings Photos->Transfer to mac or pc, select “most compatible”.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2019 11:10 AM in response to Vic1010

In addition to what Tom said: if, for some reason you can’t update FCP X, you may still convert your iPhone videos in one of the following ways:

-in your mac (if you have at least High Sierra, I believe) by opening in Quicktime Player and exporting as H264.

-when transferring from the iPhone to the mac: in the iPhone settings Photos->Transfer to mac or pc, select “most compatible”.

Converting Quick Time Video to work with Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.