Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 14 pro cinematic mode export

Am I missing something. I've diligently studied Apple's documentation for shooting and editing footage in Cinematic Mode on the iPhone 14 Pro. The part that still has me puzzled is exporting the footage.

I'd be fine with editing and exporting from the Photos app - actually, I'd prefer it as it would save a lot of time for short content. But I would also be fine editing and exporting from iMovie or Final Cut Pro on the Mac Mini M1.

My issue is that I don't understand the best settings on the phone or Mac to get best quality in the exported footage. Also, I don't see anything in the Apple docs about adjusting project settings correctly before importing footage - how to set up the project for editing Cinematic Mode footage - HLG, input conversion settings tweaks, etc.

If someone could steer me to step-by-step instructions, I would be very grateful. I'm new to video editing and not able to follow fast-paced guides that assume familiarity with advanced concepts for file formats, codecs, etc. Thank you!

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 9:57 PM

Wondering if this Apple Support article can help:

Use Cinematic mode on your iPhone - Apple Support

Eg: says"

"To make sure that a video taken in Cinematic mode can be edited on another supported device, use iCloud Photos or AirDrop.

If you use AirDrop, turn on All Photos Data before you send:

1. Open the Photos app, then tap the video that you want to share.
  2. Tap the Share button , then tap Options at the top of the screen.
  3. Turn on All Photos Data, then tap Done.
  4. Tap the AirDrop button, then tap the device that you want to send to".

Seems "Share" is becoming the new way to export some files.

All the best :-)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2023 9:57 PM in response to runbei

Wondering if this Apple Support article can help:

Use Cinematic mode on your iPhone - Apple Support

Eg: says"

"To make sure that a video taken in Cinematic mode can be edited on another supported device, use iCloud Photos or AirDrop.

If you use AirDrop, turn on All Photos Data before you send:

1. Open the Photos app, then tap the video that you want to share.
  2. Tap the Share button , then tap Options at the top of the screen.
  3. Turn on All Photos Data, then tap Done.
  4. Tap the AirDrop button, then tap the device that you want to send to".

Seems "Share" is becoming the new way to export some files.

All the best :-)

Mar 1, 2023 8:14 AM in response to brbo

Thanks, brbo, this will be helpful for others. I did learn about the need to turn on "All Photos Data." I've also found some tutorials for importing the footage into Final Cut Pro and other apps. For example: Edit iPhone HDR Part 1. I think, at this point, I'll just need to follow the instructions step by step and see how it goes. My concern is to export video that is as close as possible in quality to what I see on the iPhone screen. We'll get there.

iphone 14 pro cinematic mode export

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.