Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s won’t charge or power on

I had a faulty iPhone 6s recently where it wouldn’t charge or power on. I tried all the regular tips (clean charging port, try a different cable, hard reset pressing the home/power buttons, dfu mode) however none of them worked. So I got a new battery and charging port fitted. Immediately the phone powered up again, and charged without any issues. It’s now been just under two weeks and the phone has done the same and refuses to charge or power up again. It is completely in-responsive and I can’t find anything by searching the internet that will help. Does anybody be have any suggestions for me to try.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 10:43 AM

I'm guessing that you have already gone through everything provided in the following article, but I'm including it just in case:

Has this phone ever been subjugated to any form of liquid exposure?

If not, it appears that you have tried everything possible that you could. At this point I would suggest that you take it back to where you got it repaired. I am assuming that it was either an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider ... correct? If so, they should be given the opportunity to "make it right." Otherwise, any repairs would be "out-of-warranty."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2019 10:43 AM in response to leighton193

I'm guessing that you have already gone through everything provided in the following article, but I'm including it just in case:

Has this phone ever been subjugated to any form of liquid exposure?

If not, it appears that you have tried everything possible that you could. At this point I would suggest that you take it back to where you got it repaired. I am assuming that it was either an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider ... correct? If so, they should be given the opportunity to "make it right." Otherwise, any repairs would be "out-of-warranty."

iPhone 6s won’t charge or power on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.