Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't turn on Apple TV with Siri

Hey gang, I'm having an issue with trying to turn on my Apple TV (4K) using Siri. It's connected to the Home app and listed in the room "Living Room", but when I say "Hey Siri, turn on the living room Apple tv" it says it can't find it in that room. iOS and tvOS is up to date. Anything else I can check?

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 5:20 AM

Holy cow that's insane! I'm migrating from a Google world (google homes and chromecasts) and can turn my tv on and off easily with my voice. How can Apple make the Apple TV required as a home hub without allowing it to be controlled is crazy to me.

Well at least now I know it's not something I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the quick reply!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2019 5:20 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Holy cow that's insane! I'm migrating from a Google world (google homes and chromecasts) and can turn my tv on and off easily with my voice. How can Apple make the Apple TV required as a home hub without allowing it to be controlled is crazy to me.

Well at least now I know it's not something I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the quick reply!

Can't turn on Apple TV with Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.