Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My sister can unlock my phone with FaceID

Hi.

My twin sister can unlock my iPhone using the Face ID.

did anybody have the a similar case already?

Regards

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 6:32 AM

2 replies

Aug 13, 2019 6:38 AM in response to FaceIDusage

It is a known aspect of faceID and is documented by Apple - About Face ID advanced technology - Apple Support

The probability that a random person in the population could look at your iPhone or iPad Pro and unlock it using Face ID is approximately 1 in 1,000,000 with a single enrolled appearance. As an additional protection, Face ID allows only five unsuccessful match attempts before a passcode is required. The statistical probability is different for twins and siblings that look like you and among children under the age of 13, because their distinct facial features may not have fully developed. If you're concerned about this, we recommend using a passcode to authenticate.”

There was a couple of tech news articles at the end of last year and this year about some recent Apple patent filings that may offer technologies to change that though (subepidermal imaging and application of machine learning algorithms). Other companies appear to be developing similar approaches to tighten up face recognition as a secure login.

My sister can unlock my phone with FaceID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.