Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My brother can use my phone with face id

My brother can use my iphone 12 pro and iphone xs with faceid he can unlock the phone its a big problem

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 1:28 PM

4 replies

Apr 13, 2021 1:35 PM in response to kb1951

It is much more unusual than you would think. Usually these posts are a result of someone playing a joke on someone else and having the person who owns the iPhone stand behind them to their left or right and then holds the phone up and shows them they can open the iPhone. Actually the True Depth camera can "see" the owner as it is wide angle. I've told this before but the actress Torrey DiVitto had a twitter post showing that her younger sister could unlock her iPhone. She was sitting behind her sister in a restaurant booth. When she turned towards the wall in the booth her sister could no longer unlock the iPhone.

My brother can use my phone with face id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.