Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hang on Quit after Copy

I have Mojave 10.14.6 with security update on my 13" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. There are many applications, all using Apple Frameworks that hang on Quit if I copy text; including Mail, Safari, Preview, Terminal, etc. These apps all seem to copy as rich text while those that don't hang on my system seem to copy as text only. E.g., If Terminal is set to copy as rich text (the default) it hangs but if I set it to copy as plain text there is no problem. I believe this started to happen with the 10.14.6 update but I'm not sure. I'd be happy if I could have Copy default to copying in plain text but a reall solution would be better.

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 7:41 PM

Hi Herbert Schulz!

I understand that applications are hanging when you copy in Rich Text Format, and I'm happy to help. To help isolate this issue further, please test to see if it occurs in safe mode and in a new user account:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2019 7:41 PM in response to Herbert Schulz

Hi Herbert Schulz!

I understand that applications are hanging when you copy in Rich Text Format, and I'm happy to help. To help isolate this issue further, please test to see if it occurs in safe mode and in a new user account:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Cheers!

Aug 14, 2019 6:59 AM in response to sterling r

You got me on the right track. I discovered that LaunchBar, which I have starting up at login, has a feature that gives a Copy/Paste stack that was set to Copy in Rich Text format. Setting it to copy in Plain Text and rebooting (probably logout and in would have been enough) seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Hang on Quit after Copy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.