Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy and Paste (Clipboard) stops working repeatedly on BigSur 11.4

Hi there,

I've been observing that the copy & paste function at some point stops working on my MacBook Pro with BigSur 11.4. This has been happening almost daily for 2 weeks now. Only restarting the Mac helps. Alternatively, I force quit the pboard service via `killall pboard` which made it work again.

Unfortunately, my MBP is out of the 1-year service period so I could not call Apple.

Do you have any idea how to solve this clipboard problem? Is this something known to other users of BigSur 11.4?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 1:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 4:13 AM

Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a Trusted Developer and well Respected ASC Contributor. The application is free or paid from added features. Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ). It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software. The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2021 4:13 AM in response to Vilasa

Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a Trusted Developer and well Respected ASC Contributor. The application is free or paid from added features. Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ). It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software. The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

Copy and Paste (Clipboard) stops working repeatedly on BigSur 11.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.