Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes plays HD movies with green overcast

Since the update to macOS Mojave this past week my 2014 Mac Mini plays HD films with a green overlay to them - this only happens when the pointer isn’t visible in full screen mode. QuickTime playback is fine, so it looks like an issue with iTunes alone. I tried booting holding opt+cod+r+p, but that didn’t change anything, so I’m assuming it’s a bug (to force me to upgrade to Catalina?) - unless folk have something else to try?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 1:17 AM

Recently I had a problem with full screen movies: the video went black as soon as the pointer disappeared.

It’s not your issue, anyway, I found a fix by going to System Preferences -> Accessibility-> Display-> Cursor size and dragging the slider left/right to change momentarily the cursor’s size. After that the full screen video worked.

Maybe this admittedly strange “fix” could solve your issue.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2019 1:17 AM in response to Sean Aaron

Recently I had a problem with full screen movies: the video went black as soon as the pointer disappeared.

It’s not your issue, anyway, I found a fix by going to System Preferences -> Accessibility-> Display-> Cursor size and dragging the slider left/right to change momentarily the cursor’s size. After that the full screen video worked.

Maybe this admittedly strange “fix” could solve your issue.

Aug 17, 2019 9:14 PM in response to Sean Aaron

Our Mini has the exact same green screen issue described by Sean Aaron. It has occurred since we upgraded to the recent version of Mojave. All movies, purchased or downloaded, HD or SD, including all the movies in our library. Last weekend we had support on the line on and off for hours trying to watch a newly downloaded movie, with no result. We dowloaded and played it with no issues on a MacBook Air. Noticed that the file size downloaded to the MacBook was a bit larger than the file downloaded to the Mini, for the same movie.

iTunes plays HD movies with green overcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.