Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Movie Black Screen on Mouse Time Out

Up until now everything has worked fine. I went away for two weeks, come back and now movies that have iTunes Extra content will not play properly. Movies and TV Shows without iTunes Extra content play fine.

Steps to recreate

1. Play movie. Wether it goes to Extras content screen first or continues a movie in progress, same result.
  2. Movie starts playing normally with video and sound in full screen
  3. When the mouse cursor times out after about 3-5 seconds and disappears along with the iTunes movie control interface at the bottom of the movie turns black, no video. The sound continues to play as normal.
  4. Moving the mouse cursor brings the movie back. Timing out causes black screen again
  5. Placing the mouse cursor over the top of the iTunes movie control interface at the bottom which prevents mouse timeout allows the video to remain

The Mac Mini 2019 has been turned off for two weeks. No changes or updates have been made to the machine at all. I simply turned it on and went to play a movie with iTunes Extra content and it won't play properly.

Steps taken

Restart iTunes

Restart computer

Verified the Mac is updated and no new patches are required

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 1:41 AM

Hi,

I had this issue too. There is one function solution. Try to change (just a little bit) mouse cursor size in system menu of your Mac. This will work for sure. I know it is strange but functioning... :D

Similar questions

4 replies

iTunes Movie Black Screen on Mouse Time Out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.