Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Black Screen -- no video playback, none ! ...not even movie trailers in iTunes, not even dowloaded

iTunes 12.9.5 (latest), Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. This started happening 2 days ago, when I rented a movie that was in French (which I did not know) and stopped just after a few minutes. Then I rented another movie, when I tried to stream it I got a black screen forever. Thought the internet was to busy for streaming, so I clicked download and left it to do so. It apparently downloaded but again it won't play. Also, none of my previously bought and downloaded movies play either, the trailes in the iTunes movie Store won't play, no streamed content will play. My music does play, as do my home movies. Internet search for this issue makes reference to Quicktime, but I have no quicktime on my machine, mind you, trying to fix this issue I un-installed iTunes, and reinstalled manually, by downloading the installer. I also had been having troubles with updates, and iTunes not liking the "signature" of the new version download.

HELP !!!! I have already spent money on one rental that I could not play and has already expired ! and I cannot play any of my video content TV shows, or movies.

I've tried re-starting Windows, re-starting iTunes, and ITunes helper, signed in and out of my Apple account within iTunes, and significant time searching for a solution in the Web with no luck. YouTUbe videos play fine. The issue is with iTunes video playback, not anything else in my machine, I do not think. My machine is Authorized for playback in iTunes. All seemed to work fine middle of last week...

HELP !! ...please

-njaimo

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2019 5:49 PM

...it is now Monday, and now everything works, magically. I spent all weekend trying to figure it out, and lost two movie rentals that I could not watch because of it. Who knows why it happened, or how it got fixed...

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 9, 2019 5:35 PM in response to njaimo

...should have added I un-installed iCloud because it kept telling me the database was corrupted and to restart windows -- even after I restarted windows... I was going to reinstall, but then got this issue. I've had iTunes on this machine for 10 years or more, and never had any issues updating or else, and all of a sudden all has come down crashing... Do we Windows users need to get rid off iTunes and Apple media services and go to Netflix or Amazon ???!

iTunes Black Screen -- no video playback, none ! ...not even movie trailers in iTunes, not even dowloaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.