Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movie playback problem, please help

Hi there,

I have a big problem with iTunes on Windows 10 (64bit). I bought two movies from the store but i can't play them without issues.

If i play a movie i just got a black screen, there is no progress on the progress bar and no matter how much time i wait the movie won't start.

Sometimes the movie started but it stoped after a couple of seconds and never continue the playback.

If i look up the network traffic, the bandwidth usage is 0%. Sometimes the movies started but the picture is lagging, not smooth. And no matter if i streaming a movie or playing a downloaded copy.

I installed the iTunes on a PC that has Windows 7 (32bit) and i can play the movies without any issues. And the Windows 7 PC has a much slower internet connection than my PC, so this is not a network issue.

Another issue i have on my Windows 10 64bit pc, that the movie/music covers not load up just a couple of them, and the iTunes feels slow if i browsin in the store. This isn't an issue on the Windows 7 32bit neither, it is work as a charm, loading the store fast, there is a cover for everything.

I have a powerful PC (AMD Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1080ti, 16GB DDR4, Windows 10 64bit) with a solid internet connection i can stream 4k movies from Netflix, Prime Video too.

The Windows 7 32bit PC is just for office work (Intel Pentium G3250 3,20GHz, 2GB DDR3, motherboard integrated VGA). I don't understand what's wrong on my PC with the iTunes.

Something in my hardware (maybe the processor or the vga?) or in the OS those cause this problem?

Posted on Jul 29, 2019 6:56 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 30, 2019 1:03 PM in response to KulcsarT

Regarding store images see this thread: Gray boxes in iTunes store - Windows - Apple Community.

If iTunes is apparently installed correctly try the following in turn until iTunes opens/closes/reopens/connects to the store/plays videos normally/etc. I realise some suggestions may not really apply but I'll leave the list as it currently is:

• Remove any SD card that might be in a card reader.
  • Exit the BTTray.exe Bluetooth utility if installed.
  • Locate the shortcut for iTunes, right-click on it, and select Run as administrator. Doing this once may fix certain launch issues. Some users were finding that with the 12.6.1.25 build, for example, they had to use this method every time and modified the shortcut accordingly.
  • Try holding ctrl+shift as you launch iTunes so it opens in safe-mode. Again doing this once may sometimes help.
  • Try disconnecting your computer from the Internet before running iTunes. (No use for streaming video obvs.)
  • Delete the iTunes shortcuts from the start menu, desktop, task bar, or similar, then repair iTunes from the programs and features control panel.
  • Try Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support and test the behaviour in a different user profile or with a different library. If the problem only exists in your profile it may be possible to delete some of the iTunes preference files which it would seem that iTunes may be choking on. We can go into details later if the issue is limited to your own profile.
  • Temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus and see if that has any impact on the behaviour.
  • See the second box in Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for detailed tear down and rebuild advice. Disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus software when reinstalling and run the installer as the administrator.
  • If you installed iTunes from the Microsoft Store you may find the traditional iTunesSetup.exe installer works better for you.
  • Or see the iTunes installers section of the troubleshooting tip and reinstall the last version that worked correctly for you. Note that iTunes 12.6.5.3 or iTunes 12.8.0.150 are the minimum versions required for devices running iOS 12.

tt2

Jul 30, 2019 3:11 PM in response to turingtest2

I tried everything but no luck. I have a 4k display and i'm using 4k resolution on the desktop. I don't know why but i changed the resolution to 1920x1080 and the covers are now displayed but the video playback still has issues. I have only 2 movies yet. Now, i can play Spiderman-Homecoming, there is no lag on the video and it looks fine. Then i tried my another movie, namely the "The Greatest Showman" it has itunes extras and starting with the extra menu but when i click on play, the movie won't start, or if start it stop after 2 secs.

I don't know why it can't work properly with 4k desktop resolution and why just Spiderman working on 1080p.

But thanks for youtime tt2.

I am about to buy an Apple TV 4K in the near future so i just let the windows itunes alone for good.

KulcsarT

Movie playback problem, please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.