Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Grouping "songs" in iTunes

Rich

Begin forwarded message:

Date: August 13, 2019 at 3:55:24 PM EDT
To: Richard ****
Subject: iTunes

In addition to listening to various other genres, I’m a fan of classical music. I recently downloaded numerous CDs containing symphonies to iTunes. I like to shuffle my music, but I don’t want the movements of symphonies to shuffle. That is, each movement enters iTunes as one "song," yet the entire set of movements should play together for each symphony. I can find various articles on the Internet that mention the concept of "grouping," but even ones that were posted just a few years ago must be completely out of date. That is, the instructions simply don’t work with the current version of iTunes. Can someone help me with this?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 2:07 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Aug 13, 2019 5:32 PM in response to turingtest2

That did indeed solve my problem. However, the trick involved the iTunes menu bar. I had no idea that there was one. I just played around a bit near the top of the screen and it appeared. But I can’t get it to stay there. Apple evidently changes the "look and feel" of its apps continually, and the instructions one can find online via a general search are meaningless because they no longer apply. Are you aware of how I can get that menu bar to remain visible at the top of the screen?

Grouping "songs" in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.