Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad - iTunes album art rotating 90 degrees

Hi, I just created a new playlist in iTunes for a display at my work and needed to add my own cover art for the albums. My added cover art is visible for each song within the playlist, but some of the images have rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise. Is there an easy solution to fix this problem? Do I need to re-size the JPEG I used for the album art?

Thanks

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 3:00 AM

Some image formats contain an orientation flag that tells the display software to rotate the image to account for the way that the camera was held. iTunes doesn't check this so you'd need to copy the image into some editing software and export it in a way that the image is the way you want it, and the orientation flag is set for no rotation. Resizing/cropping, etc. and then exporting should result in an image with standard orientation.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2019 3:00 AM in response to nolard12

Some image formats contain an orientation flag that tells the display software to rotate the image to account for the way that the camera was held. iTunes doesn't check this so you'd need to copy the image into some editing software and export it in a way that the image is the way you want it, and the orientation flag is set for no rotation. Resizing/cropping, etc. and then exporting should result in an image with standard orientation.

tt2

iPad - iTunes album art rotating 90 degrees

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.