Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup??

I broke my old phone and I didnt back it up and I ordered a new phone to use. I am using a backup phone right now is there anyway to recover my icloud account with all my data and pictures even though I cant get onto my broken phone to save everything?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 4:21 PM

Anything that you had set to sync via iCloud should sync back when you sign into iCloud on the new device. So things like calendars, contacts, notes etc that sync via iCloud should sync back. If you used iCloud photos on the old phone, those should also sync back when you enable it on the new device.

But without an iCloud or iTunes backup to restore from, you’re going to lose other app data. And if you did not use iCloud photo and did not transfer your photos somewhere for safekeeping, you’re going to lose those too.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2019 4:21 PM in response to Austin__Graham

Anything that you had set to sync via iCloud should sync back when you sign into iCloud on the new device. So things like calendars, contacts, notes etc that sync via iCloud should sync back. If you used iCloud photos on the old phone, those should also sync back when you enable it on the new device.

But without an iCloud or iTunes backup to restore from, you’re going to lose other app data. And if you did not use iCloud photo and did not transfer your photos somewhere for safekeeping, you’re going to lose those too.

Backup??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.