Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple id password

My mother's phone keeps asking for my password to my icloud account even though she is signed in with hers. How do i stop that? Her phone is SE mine is XR

iPhone SE

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 6:40 AM

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2019 6:40 AM in response to makako20

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

apple id password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.