Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help

How do I sync my apps from my phone to my new iPad?

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 6:41 AM

You can’t sync apps from one device to another. You can transfer the contents of the phone to the iPad which will contain your purchase history and allow you to download the apps to the iPad.

Take a look at this.

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You can also manually download the apps again.

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2019 6:41 AM in response to jtjkearnest

You can’t sync apps from one device to another. You can transfer the contents of the phone to the iPad which will contain your purchase history and allow you to download the apps to the iPad.

Take a look at this.

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You can also manually download the apps again.

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

Aug 14, 2019 6:43 AM in response to jtjkearnest

If you are setting a new iPad for the first time you can set up the iPad from the backup of your iPhone.

This link explains: Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you've already set up the new iPad and all you want to do is move apps to the iPad, go to the App Store App. Tap the little circle at the top right hand corner. Tap Purchased. Tap Not on this iPad. Any app which can be moved over to iPad will have a cloud icon next to it. Tap the cloud icon for all the apps you want to put on your iPad and they will download.

This all presumes you are using the same Apple ID on both iPhone and iPad.

Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.