Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has Apple updated proxy workflow in FCPX so that I can use the camera-created proxies and then relink to the RED 4k/8k original files?

I want to use the RED-created QT Prores LT proxies in my editing instead of taking days or weeks for FCPX to recreate all the proxies after importing the raw footage.

Has Apple updated the proxy workflow so that I can tell FCPX to use the camera-created proxies and then when I'm finished editing tell FCPX to relink to the 4k/8k original files? If not, is this planned or does anyone know when we will be able to use the camera-created proxies? If the answer is no, can I communicate to Apple how timesaving this fix would be?

You should be able to shoot in high resolution media, edit with low resolution proxy files that many cameras spit out, and then when you're ready to export you relink to the full resolution master clips and call it a day.

http://www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/tutorials/1998-fcpx-proxy-editing-relinking-external-proxies-and-temp-media

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 10:22 AM

Use feedback in the Final Cut Pro menu. It links you an Apple web page.

Similar questions

4 replies

Has Apple updated proxy workflow in FCPX so that I can use the camera-created proxies and then relink to the RED 4k/8k original files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.