Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot See Mac HD in Windows 10 Bootcamp Running on 2019 MBP Mojave

Hello,

I am having trouble with a new Boot Camp installation. On my previous MBP (2012 Unibody, Windows 7, OSX 10.11.6), I was able to see my Mac HD when I was working in Boot Camp. I couldn't write to it, but I could transfer files from it.

However, my new Bootcamp installation (Windows 10 Education on 2019 MBP, OSX 10.14.6) does not show the Mac HD when I'm in Windows. This is a huge inconvenience, as now there isn't an easy way to transfer files from my OSX partition to my Windows partition.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 8:09 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Aug 15, 2019 8:07 AM in response to Loner T

Thank you for getting back to me.

I tried the Paragon software with no luck. I can't mount my Mac partition. I checked the support page for the Paragon software (https://kb.paragon-software.com/article/7238) and it says that "APFS volume with macOS connected to Mac with T2 chip" is not supported. This is my situation with a 2019 MBP, correct? Do you know of any other software or strategies I could try so that I can mount my Mac partition in Windows 10?

Thank you.

Aug 15, 2019 11:19 AM in response to RonEB

RonEB wrote:

I tried the Paragon software with no luck. I can't mount my Mac partition. I checked the support page for the Paragon software (https://kb.paragon-software.com/article/7238) and it says that "APFS volume with macOS connected to Mac with T2 chip" is not supported. This is my situation with a 2019 MBP, correct?

Yes, that is correct. The T2 controller forces the APFS Container and volumes to be unavailable.

Do you know of any other software or strategies I could try so that I can mount my Mac partition in Windows 10?

When you use Bootcamp, macOS is no longer active. The only method is to have a Windows driver. There are significant security implications. Can you use an external disk for sharing files?

Cannot See Mac HD in Windows 10 Bootcamp Running on 2019 MBP Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.