Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if an app is free in the Apple store why is apple trying to run my credit card ? ill be **** if they are ever getting my acct number for anything again

If an app is free in the apple store why is apple trying to run my card for something?

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 11:16 AM

You don’t need to have payment information in order to download a free app or on your account at all for that matter. If you have a pending charge in your purchase history/an unpaid balance, you will be prompted for your payment information when trying to download an app.

Check and see if you having a pending charge by going to settings> your name> ITunes and App Store> Your Apple ID> Purchase History

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2019 11:16 AM in response to allenfrombelton

You don’t need to have payment information in order to download a free app or on your account at all for that matter. If you have a pending charge in your purchase history/an unpaid balance, you will be prompted for your payment information when trying to download an app.

Check and see if you having a pending charge by going to settings> your name> ITunes and App Store> Your Apple ID> Purchase History

if an app is free in the Apple store why is apple trying to run my credit card ? ill be **** if they are ever getting my acct number for anything again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.