Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the apple store asking for my card info when I want to get a app that is free

Hello I want to ask why is my apple store asking for my card information even though I am purchasing a free app

Posted on Jun 8, 2022 9:18 PM

2 replies

Jun 8, 2022 9:27 PM in response to La_Ratona_OwO

Why? Because Apple wants payment info on file, not the least of which is to confirm identity and country of residence.

Generally: Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

Removing all payment methods: If you can't remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

PS: Apple Support Communities is also not a chat function, and questions take some time to find, and answers take time to compose. Posting a minute apart isn’t going to speed an answer. Entirely pragmatically too, a question with a reply and marked as solved is also going to mean folks will tend to ignore the thread, as it appears to be resolved.

Why is the apple store asking for my card info when I want to get a app that is free

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.