Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with adding payment method

I’m trying to add my debit card in the payment method through my apple id.. but it say its been declined. Invalid method.. whereas my debit card is new

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 12:34 PM

8 replies

Aug 15, 2019 1:09 PM in response to shalmali232

It might be being declined because it's a debit card, not all work with iTunes. Try a different card, preferably a credit card.

For a card to have a chance of being accepted it needs to be registered to the same name and address (including format and spacing etc) that you have on your iTunes account, and have been issued by a bank in the country where you are (and therefore the country which is on your iTunes account). 

Oct 20, 2019 11:56 AM in response to King_Penguin

I need to add my card details to upgrade my icloud storage but it keeps on declining my payment method. What the fuck? I use the same card for other foreign transactions without any problems. I do not know why apple will always be different. I am from Nigeria. I hope you guys do not discriminate. I can not get an amex card. It is not issued here. This is so frustrating.

Issue with adding payment method

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.