Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple card 'unexpected error'

I am getting an error when I am trying to add the card to apple pay. Says, 'Unexpected error' and closes completely out and will not add to my wallet. I have applied and have an approved card. help!

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 12:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 1:54 PM

try these steps - Steps to take for applying to Apple Card - Apple Community

14 replies

Aug 20, 2019 11:34 AM in response to bkeane86

I have had this same issue for days now. I have spoken to Apple Support and Goldman Sachs Apple Reps and they seem stumped on the same thing. I am using iOS 13 beta and thought it was that, but it does not seem to be. When I applied, I was told that I needed to verify so I called and they said it was denied, but when I click on wallet, it has a credit limit but says unexpected error when I enter my password.

Sep 18, 2019 6:26 PM in response to bkeane86

So I am having this issue as well, and here is my experience that isn't really going to help. I have apparently blown out the apple pay sensor in my iPhone X, apple has no idea how it could happen, they just want me to buy a new phone. Throughout me figuring that out and them figuring it out, I was not able to use my apple pay one day.

The wallet app would freeze up, couldn't use it to board planes, access anything. By some miracle today, i was able to apply for the card, and was approved. I have successfully added my card to my watch but not to my phone. This is due to the sensor being "fried" so if you could potentially be in the same boat as I am with a fried sensor.

Which if that's the cases, it calls to replace the phone entirely. I went to apple recently and stated it was a hardware malfunction which they agreed to but never did anything to recoup it.

if you figure out how to add it, ill be watching this thread.

Apple card 'unexpected error'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.