Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

convert stereo track to mono

I’ve an interview recording which has the two contributors on separate ‘legs’ of the same track (one left, one right) but I want them together, mono.

That’s a simple button press on most audio editors, or an option on Export.

So far I’m getting the run around on google searches - could it be that this is in fact impossible on GarageBand (latest v) for Mac? A straight answer to that is fine.

What’s your simplest solution, please?

Cheers, Tim

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 5:41 AM

TJNJenkins wrote:

I’ve an interview recording which has the two contributors on separate [channels] of the same track

one solution would be to insert the Gain plug-in and choose the Mono preset:

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 18, 2019 10:54 AM in response to HangTime

Hi HangTime - just to say : that worked nice and easy! Thanks again.

i won’t keep asking questions, I promise - but do you know a way of (again easily) spending up playback - for editing, not for the finished project? Again google searches point you towards tempo changes of the final version only, which suggests that speeding monitor playback alone is not possible. Weird - I’d have thought a lot of people would like to listen to long interviews, quickly, before cutting.

convert stereo track to mono

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.