Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment method declined due to pending app

Today for the first time after years i have experienced my payment method being declined and as a result i am unable to update or download free apps. From what i understand this is happening because of a pending in app purchase. My question is, will the pending purchase be automatically paid after funds are added to the card that was used at time of purchase even though the payment method was declined? Also, is said card not ''valid'' simply because there are no funds to pay off the pending purchase? Thanks in advance for your insight on the matter.

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 10:17 AM

The card was probably rejected if it didn't have any funds on it. You can try adding funds to the card to see if that will allow the purchase to complete. You may need to contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option.  You may need to pick a problem that is slightly different than yours to get a chat option.  

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2019 10:17 AM in response to simplesolution2

The card was probably rejected if it didn't have any funds on it. You can try adding funds to the card to see if that will allow the purchase to complete. You may need to contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option.  You may need to pick a problem that is slightly different than yours to get a chat option.  

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

Payment method declined due to pending app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.