Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod shuffle 2nd generation

Can it only charge on the docking station? It’s not charging via usb cord @computer.

iPod Shuffle (2nd Gen)

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 2:22 PM

1 reply

Aug 17, 2019 12:41 PM in response to Trmacman

Hi Trmacman,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're only able to charge your 2nd generation iPod Shuffle when connected to a docking station and it's not charging when connected via USB to a computer. I know it's important to keep your devices charged properly; I'd like to help. Your iPod Shuffle should be able to charge via USB to computer, take a look at some steps to try below:

"Don't see the charging screen or orange light after 30 minutes? Here's what to do:

• Check that you have firm cable connections. Remove any debris from all ports.
    • Try a different charging cable, power adapter, and power source. Don't use an adapter or cable that shows any sign of damage.
    • If your device still doesn't turn on, it might need repair. Contact Apple Support."

If your iPod won't turn on or seems frozen

Please also keep in mind that your device is considered obsolete, so it may not be possible to have it repaired if there is a physical issue with the device:

"Obsolete products are those that were discontinued more than 7 years ago. Monster-branded Beats products are considered obsolete regardless of when they were purchased. Apple has discontinued all hardware service for obsolete products with no exceptions. Service providers cannot order parts for obsolete products. All Apple Retail Stores and the Canadian, European, Latin American, and Asia-Pacific operating regions follow the U.S. product list, but make no distinction between vintage and obsolete. When applied to Apple Retail Stores and these operating regions, products on the U.S. vintage list (all models) are considered obsolete."

Vintage and obsolete products

Best Regards.

iPod shuffle 2nd generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.