Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It won’t move past this white screen every time I try to boot up

I keep getting this screen on start up.. it won’t move past this screen every time I try to boot up. I’ve tried everything. It won’t boot up into safe mode or anything.

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 12:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 1:15 PM

It appears the laptop isn't recognizing your built-in trackpad or external wireless mouse/trackpad. If you don't use an external mouse/trackpad, then try an SMC reset and PRAM reset (hold the PRAM reset for a full minute so it activates several times).

You may need to take the laptop to Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2019 1:15 PM in response to momodynasty

It appears the laptop isn't recognizing your built-in trackpad or external wireless mouse/trackpad. If you don't use an external mouse/trackpad, then try an SMC reset and PRAM reset (hold the PRAM reset for a full minute so it activates several times).

You may need to take the laptop to Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined.

Aug 28, 2019 3:35 AM in response to HWTech

Hey HWTECH,

So it’s been about a week and a half and I’m still having this issue. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. I’ve already opened up and cleaned my MacBook and I tried all the options for resetting and it won’t work. It worked the first time but now it won’t respond at all. I do have an external mouse but is there any way to fix this issue without going to the Apple

Store? I’m not in an area where I have access to an Apple Store.

Aug 28, 2019 6:48 AM in response to momodynasty

Depending on the exact model of the laptop either the Trackpad needs replaced or the entire Top Case/Keyboard/Trackpad Assembly needs to be replaced. The moderators have been extremely aggressive recently so I doubt they will let me post any details or links. Older non-Retina laptops are easy enough to repair, but newer Retina models should definitely be left to Apple to repair.

It won’t move past this white screen every time I try to boot up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.