Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Won't power up

Screen brings up the white apple icon but the white thin bar gets stuck half way booting up...

I have no disc I can find..

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 10:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 10:57 PM

I suspect the internal drive has died or there is some other hardware failure. First please follow the troubleshooting steps in What to do if your computer won't turn on and if it still won't turn on look to see if it is on the Vintage Macs List. If it is on the list then you should likely consider replacing it or you can take it to an independent Apple Authorized Service Provider. To find one click Apple Authorized Service Provider Locator (AASP) & Genius Appointment

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2021 10:57 PM in response to Iloveasl2021

I suspect the internal drive has died or there is some other hardware failure. First please follow the troubleshooting steps in What to do if your computer won't turn on and if it still won't turn on look to see if it is on the Vintage Macs List. If it is on the list then you should likely consider replacing it or you can take it to an independent Apple Authorized Service Provider. To find one click Apple Authorized Service Provider Locator (AASP) & Genius Appointment

Good luck!

Won't power up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.