Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i turn on voice dictation?

I am a temporarily one-handed author . how do i use voice dictation on my macbook pro running mojave?

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 12:10 PM

In System Preferences : Keyboard : Dictation panel:

Ensure that your sound is not muted.

In System Preferences : Accessibility : Dictation panel, you may or may not want to select Enable the dictation keyword phrase. I believe, it defaults to computer, and you would have to prepend this before any Dictation command (I do not use this feature, preferring to just state the dictation command). Next, click Dictation Commands… and select Enable advanced commands.

I use fnfn to initiate Dictation. There will be a startup period where it is animated and pulses three globes before the active microphone avatar appears ready to receive commands. Your first command should be show commands, which will pop a scrollable window with various dictation commands that are available to you. When you are done, you can say stop dictation, and Dictation will quit.

Use Dictation Commands to tell your Mac what to do

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2019 12:10 PM in response to Albrogco

In System Preferences : Keyboard : Dictation panel:

Ensure that your sound is not muted.

In System Preferences : Accessibility : Dictation panel, you may or may not want to select Enable the dictation keyword phrase. I believe, it defaults to computer, and you would have to prepend this before any Dictation command (I do not use this feature, preferring to just state the dictation command). Next, click Dictation Commands… and select Enable advanced commands.

I use fnfn to initiate Dictation. There will be a startup period where it is animated and pulses three globes before the active microphone avatar appears ready to receive commands. Your first command should be show commands, which will pop a scrollable window with various dictation commands that are available to you. When you are done, you can say stop dictation, and Dictation will quit.

Use Dictation Commands to tell your Mac what to do

how do i turn on voice dictation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.