Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Apple ID

My son has an iPod touch (6th generation - model #A1574) that I am setting up for him.  I am going to put iTunes on his computer along w/songs so he can transfer them to the iPod Touch.  But his computer does NOT have internet access (parental reasons) & I want to know how to get the iPod up & running w/o having to create an Apple ID for him.

iPod Touch

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 6:51 PM

You can sync music using iTunes to his iPod Touch without the need for an Apple ID.

Your struggle may be to keep him from creating and using an Apple ID without your knowledge or permission.

You may consider using Guided Access to limit him to just the Music App.

See >> https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202612

5 replies

Oct 17, 2019 3:27 PM in response to CrYoG

After doing some probing from time to time, I finally figured out the problem. The registry was pointing to folders & files that were just not there/spelled incorrectly. I did a complete uninstall of EVERYTHING Apple-related (using Revo Uninstaller) & rebooted. I checked the whole computer & registry just to make sure, then reinstalled the latest version of iTunes.

All seems to be working fine now; no menu glitches, no hang-ups or freezes & I was able to back-up his iPod Touch to his computer as well as sync music from his computer to his iPod Touch.

Sep 15, 2019 8:30 PM in response to LACAllen

Ok, finally got back to setting up my son's iPod touch.  It's set up & working ok but no AppleID, he doesn't seem to mind, he can still get WiFi.  But we are having problems w/iTunes.

His comfuser is running Windows 7 Pro x64 w/SP1 (w/o internet access) & has iTunes v12.8.0.150.  When we open iTunes, we can play music & roam around o.k., but when we open any menu item (File, Edit, Song, View, Controls, Account & Help), we have to click it a 2nd time to close it so we can open the next menu item.  The other problem w/the menu is that when we open Edit>Preferences, iTunes will just hang for anywhere between 1 to 2 minutes (yes, I timed it a few times) before the preferences box opens.

But the biggest problem is that once I connect his iPod Touch (6th Generation) to the comfuser, iTunes completely freezes & I have to use the Task Manager to close iTunes down.

No Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.