Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locking up a stolen phone

Can apple brick my iPhone that was stolen by my ex and has turned find my iPhone off and signed out of my iCloud but still using my carriers service? I know I can have service terminated but I want the phone to become a paper weight to her so she will give it back

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 4:58 PM

No, Apple won’t do anything about a lost or stolen device. Since she knew the AppleID and password for that device and was able to turn off find my iPhone, there is nothing you can do about it by remote means now.

If you report the device to the carrier as stolen, they will blacklist it. It will then be useless to anyone and everyone. In the USA at least, all carriers participate in a universal blacklist, which is also honored by most or all Canadian and Mexican carrier’s now.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2019 4:58 PM in response to bosleydaniel

No, Apple won’t do anything about a lost or stolen device. Since she knew the AppleID and password for that device and was able to turn off find my iPhone, there is nothing you can do about it by remote means now.

If you report the device to the carrier as stolen, they will blacklist it. It will then be useless to anyone and everyone. In the USA at least, all carriers participate in a universal blacklist, which is also honored by most or all Canadian and Mexican carrier’s now.

Locking up a stolen phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.