Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPS Onboard - Annual Xpress Connect recertification

Our school's wi-fi requires devices to use Xpress Connect to gain access to the schools' wifi. Each year we are required to go through the process again. Here are the steps for a mac: https://www.fcps.edu/sites/default/files/media/forms/byod-mac-os-x-device-configuration.pdf

The instructions imply that the onboard wizard will load twice automatically. Once when the FCPSOnboard wifi is selected and once, later, when safari is opened and an attempt to go to a common website is made. I cannot get the wizard to open at all.

In past years, I got help from someone who deletes a file or adds or changes a step not in those provided that makes the whole process work, but I cannot remember what was done.

I have deleted certificates associated with FCPS and FCPS Onboard. I have removed them from my list of preferred networks. And I have tried many other methods, including waiting at each step for something to automatically load. Please help!!

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Aug 17, 2019 4:44 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 17, 2019 6:23 PM in response to Missevadee69

I got it to work!!!

FOR SURE, entering 2.2.2.2 in Safari rather than www.cnn.com was a piece that was missing from the instructions (this WAS stated in the iPhone/iPad instructions, which is where I got the idea). This made the onBoard wizard load immediately.

HOWEVER, I did do ALL these things before finding that trick. I think #3 below is the most important or may be necessary, but you can always try without any of these steps first.

1. removed wi-fi network names (Apple logo >System Preferences >Network >Advanced...) select FCPS networks and the - button to remove
  2. removed keychain certificates (Finder>Applications>Utilities>Keychain Access) select certificates with FCPS in the name or description and remove
  3. removed the FCPS profiles (Apple logo >System Preferences >Profiles) select FCPS profiles and remove

Aug 19, 2019 3:34 PM in response to Dracusios

I assume you are referring to #1 in my solution. The network names were Fairfax or Fairfax Onboard. This is simply a list of wireless networks you have connected your computer to in the past. You can still connect to those networks in the future, but it will be as if it's the first time as far as your computer is concerned.

Again, if I could go back, I would've tried the 2.2.2.2 first. If that didn't work, I would do #3 and the 2.2.2.2 again. If THAT didn't work, then I would add #1 and #2 and try 2.2.2.2 again.

Good luck!

FCPS Onboard - Annual Xpress Connect recertification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.