Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone making random sound solved

so for the past who knows how long, at least once a day my phone would have this random chime that Bugs the absolute **** out of me due to it not leaving a notification

(I’m pretty sure other people have this problem)

so after having no luck on any forum, I decided I’d try see if there was any videos on all the iPhone ringtones, alerts, chime noises and I’ve found it

at 8:12 minute mark on this video is the chime

https://youtu.be/VNz4XtZ-XMs

its called the “Complete” tone

now can someone tell me what this tone is for and why it just randomly happens at least once a day?

iPhone XR

iphone iPad 1 2 3 4 4g 4s 5 5c 5s 6 6s 6 plus 7plus 8plus 8s XR XS X

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 18, 2019 1:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2019 1:53 AM

Never mind, this has been solved

my iPhones Apple mail app has the notification set to sounds and badges, and the tone is “complete”

just looked at at the last time I received an email and it’s the exact time that I heard the chime,

thank you you for your help

only thing I ask now is can this thread still stay up for other people that have the same problem?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2019 1:53 AM in response to meeka51

Never mind, this has been solved

my iPhones Apple mail app has the notification set to sounds and badges, and the tone is “complete”

just looked at at the last time I received an email and it’s the exact time that I heard the chime,

thank you you for your help

only thing I ask now is can this thread still stay up for other people that have the same problem?

Aug 18, 2019 1:55 AM in response to meeka51

Go into settings- notifications, there’s a list of apps there using notifications, tap on each of them one by one until you see one with no banners or badges but a sound is enabled. This would explain how you hear a sound but never see a visual notification.

or you may be missing the visuals, so drag the screen down to see your notification centre.

iPhone making random sound solved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.