Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search on my iPhone 7plus us not working on my notes or text messages

The "search" on my iPhone 7 plus is not working on my notes or text messages. Please advise on how to fix this. Thank you.

Posted on Aug 18, 2019 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 3:49 AM

Thanks for the additional information. Are these all stored in iCloud? It could be that there is restricted access for the search to look in the iCloud items. You might try going to Settings>Tap User at top>iCloud, then disable the notes, then enable and see if the issue persists.

It may be worth a shot to backup, then restore your phone from the backup to see if that fixes the issue.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2019 3:49 AM in response to Marthag18

Thanks for the additional information. Are these all stored in iCloud? It could be that there is restricted access for the search to look in the iCloud items. You might try going to Settings>Tap User at top>iCloud, then disable the notes, then enable and see if the issue persists.

It may be worth a shot to backup, then restore your phone from the backup to see if that fixes the issue.

Search on my iPhone 7plus us not working on my notes or text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.