Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Installation Problems on v.10.6.8

Hello Apple Communities, recently, I installed Snow Leopard because I didn’t really like the design of the newer versions of macOS and want to install Windows 7 but it doesn’t let me make a BOOTCAMP INSTALLATION MEDIA Usb. I don’t own a Windows 7 Installation CD and don’t know what to do. Tried to install Lion on an external drive then make the USB but failed due to it wanting me to boot back into my internal SSD to Snow Leopard to make it but I can’t. What should I do? Thanks! 😀

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 5:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 2:29 PM

How I resolved the problem:

I wiped Snow Leopard (with a time machine backup) and went to Mavericks to get the partition ready, I made a USB Stick off another computer with High Sierra (Boot Camp and doesn’t have drivers on USB) then installed to the MacBook Pro, after that, I put in the grey CD to get the latest drivers for it then reboot, took out the CD, went to Recovery Mode, wiped off Mavericks and restoring Snow Leopard. Currently still restoring.

Thx for all the genius help! 😁👋

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2019 2:29 PM in response to Hanly Wijaya

How I resolved the problem:

I wiped Snow Leopard (with a time machine backup) and went to Mavericks to get the partition ready, I made a USB Stick off another computer with High Sierra (Boot Camp and doesn’t have drivers on USB) then installed to the MacBook Pro, after that, I put in the grey CD to get the latest drivers for it then reboot, took out the CD, went to Recovery Mode, wiped off Mavericks and restoring Snow Leopard. Currently still restoring.

Thx for all the genius help! 😁👋

Bootcamp Installation Problems on v.10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.