Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp Assistant

I have successfully installed Windows 10 on my partition, but the Boot Camp Installer did not open after using Boot Camp assistant. Following the directions to manually open the installer from the Boot Camp folder; I could not find a (D:) drive? I do not have OSXOBSERVED (D:) in File Explorer. I don't know where to go from here to complete my installation of Boot Camp Assistant (Drivers).

Posted on Jan 20, 2022 4:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 10:18 AM

Resolved: Finally found what I was looking for. The following link directed me to the relative publication to the question, "What to do if when, Boot Camp installer is complete but, "doesn't launch to Boot Camp Control Panel installation?

Download and install Windows Support software on your Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204923. Beside to use other links on the sheet to update your AMD video card and macOS updates.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2022 10:18 AM in response to LilBang

Resolved: Finally found what I was looking for. The following link directed me to the relative publication to the question, "What to do if when, Boot Camp installer is complete but, "doesn't launch to Boot Camp Control Panel installation?

Download and install Windows Support software on your Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204923. Beside to use other links on the sheet to update your AMD video card and macOS updates.

Jan 22, 2022 7:33 PM in response to LilBang

I bought my eldest granddaughter an Apple refurb 2019 MacBook Pro 16" for Christmas. Her first computer - she's a freshman in high school. They use school issued Chromebooks - thought I'd give her a machine that would run both Windows 10 Home and Monterrey. After chewing through a box of nails, I'm completely fed up and am ready for dinner and bed.

Countless attempts at reinstalls - every single one failed. Did a 'clean install' that removed everything except the bootcamp partition for some reason. Got off of the phone with some guy from India(?!) I could barely understand - he sent me some info and links - hoping one will be a new disk image of Windows 10 Home - installing on a USB stick this time. I'm afraid to attempt this again as the last attempts tried to install Windows in the Mac partition. I need a stiff drink and a good night's sleep. Typing this from the new MacBook.

Joe

Install Windows 10 on Mac with Boot Camp Assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.