Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup

I got a new iPhone, because my old backup is still saved there’s not enough storage to do a new backup. If I delete my old backup, will everything still be saved on my phone and then I can do a new backup? Thank you!

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 9:16 AM

Yes, you can delete the backup from the previous phone in order to make room for the backup of the new phone. That will not delete any content from the new phone. I would make sure that everything came over from the old backup first, assuming that you restored the new phone from the old phone backup.

I would also suggest backing up the new phone immediately after deleting the old phone backup, just to be safe.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2019 9:16 AM in response to 0322-

Yes, you can delete the backup from the previous phone in order to make room for the backup of the new phone. That will not delete any content from the new phone. I would make sure that everything came over from the old backup first, assuming that you restored the new phone from the old phone backup.

I would also suggest backing up the new phone immediately after deleting the old phone backup, just to be safe.

Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.