Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photoshop 2019 runs horrible on iMac

Hello, I'm running Adobe Photoshop 2019 and Lightroom Classic CC and it runs so poorly. It ran that way with the 2018 version too. I feel like Photoshop is running more and more poorly as it is updated. But my iMac seems to run slow and I want to be sure that it is not something with my iMac to begin with. If someone might take a look at the report below I would be very grateful to you. I'm running it on a 2015 iMac with 8GB of RAM. Here is the report:

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 11:40 AM

6 replies

Aug 19, 2019 12:00 PM in response to KeithAlton

Well yes, of course it runs poorly. You got a Mac that is intended for answering e-mails and surfing the web and then attempt to use it for one of the most resource hungry apps on the market. You should have gotten an iMac with a minimum of 16GB (or more) RAM, a SSD and a powerful GPU. If your iMac is less than 14 days old and was purchased directly from Apple, please return it and buy a more suitable iMac.

8GB of RAM is considered the bare minimum to run Mac OS and a 5400 RPM HD is super slow. About the only thing you can do with your current computer is to purchase an external SSD and then load Mac OS on the SSD. 21.5" iMacs do not have user upgradeable RAM.

To be honest, it sounds like you did not do your due dillegence in researching which iMac configuration would be best for running a powerful app like Photoshop.

Aug 19, 2019 6:25 PM in response to rkaufmann87

I bought this one used at the end of 2017. At the time I had issues with it running Photoshop then too. I thought it would be an upgrade from my 2013 iMac that I had upgraded the ram in. Because I work with photos I keep them on an external hard drive, and I have one with about a TB of space. I wonder if I put Mojave on that drive I might see an improvement until I can purchase a better iMac.

Photoshop 2019 runs horrible on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.