Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

foreign transaction fee

Is there a foreign transaction fee on Apple Card purchases?

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 5:19 PM

Found it. The Apple Card web site includes this statement:

"Other credit cards have fees. Apple Card doesn’t. No, really. No annual fees. No cash‑advance fees. No international fees. No over‑the‑limit or returned‑payment fees. And best of all, no hidden fees. "

Good to know. It seems as though more credit cards have been eliminating foreign transaction fees lately.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2019 5:19 PM in response to wapress

Found it. The Apple Card web site includes this statement:

"Other credit cards have fees. Apple Card doesn’t. No, really. No annual fees. No cash‑advance fees. No international fees. No over‑the‑limit or returned‑payment fees. And best of all, no hidden fees. "

Good to know. It seems as though more credit cards have been eliminating foreign transaction fees lately.

Aug 19, 2019 4:45 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

It is still a MasterCard and can be used anywhere in the world. The advertising for the card says they will charge no fees, but they don't give you the usual statements of card fees. So I haven't seen the card providing bank actually say that there is no foreign transaction fee. Have a trip to Europe planned soon and I usually stick to cards with no FTF when travelling there.

Aug 19, 2019 7:37 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

The actual exchange rates with any credit card varies, but is usually close to the Interbank rate published in places like The Wall Street Journal. There is very little you can do to affect what you actually get. However, what I try to avoid is the 1 to 3% extra fee that many cards used to collect on top of the exchange rate. Many of the cards I have been using the last few years have done away with the FTF and they make a point of advertising it. The Apple Card did too, but it was not obvious at first.

foreign transaction fee

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.