Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music membership

We purchased an Apple Music membership in April of 2019. I recedntly bought my husband an apple phone in February and he has complained that he gets my info, downloads and some messages from igloos. I wnet to the Verizon Store, our carrier and was told that I needed to create an Apple id for Craig to stop it and then go into icloud and set up family sharing. I did all of the above but after doing this when I went to Family sharing it said I had to purchase a 200G in icloud to be able to use the family sharing plan. Neither one of us need that kind of storage. If I switch the id on my apple music account then I will not be able to use it on my other devices. Please help me solve this problem.

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 2:11 PM

Each of you needs your own Apple ID.

The iCloud storage is not required whatsoever for Family sharing or Apple Music.

Follow the steps here to wipe your husband's iPhone clean, and start over, adding his own Apple ID to it during set up.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Then invite him to your Family Sharing group from one of your devices as explained here in the section titled "Invite People to join your Family" : Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

More details here: Get an Apple Music Family subscription - Apple Support

His device should not have your Apple ID for any reason anywhere at all and you do not need to get shared iCloud storage either. Its purely optional.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2019 2:11 PM in response to shamm55

Each of you needs your own Apple ID.

The iCloud storage is not required whatsoever for Family sharing or Apple Music.

Follow the steps here to wipe your husband's iPhone clean, and start over, adding his own Apple ID to it during set up.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Then invite him to your Family Sharing group from one of your devices as explained here in the section titled "Invite People to join your Family" : Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

More details here: Get an Apple Music Family subscription - Apple Support

His device should not have your Apple ID for any reason anywhere at all and you do not need to get shared iCloud storage either. Its purely optional.

Apple Music membership

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.