Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery iPhone 7

iphone 7 one year old shows maximum battery capacity 88% and supports peak performance. Is this a concern?

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2019 9:04 PM

Apple's rating is for 80% health after 500 complete charge/discharge cycles. What you have is not unusual after one year if you assume a linear progression. It's also only an estimate.

That being said, I got mine replaced last December. It's got about 130 cycles and is reporting 99% battery health. Whether or not this is going to last I don't really care. If it makes it to 80% by the time it gets to 500 cycles, I'm not going to worry that the progression of that number somehow "got worse"

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2019 9:04 PM in response to bipin1980

Apple's rating is for 80% health after 500 complete charge/discharge cycles. What you have is not unusual after one year if you assume a linear progression. It's also only an estimate.

That being said, I got mine replaced last December. It's got about 130 cycles and is reporting 99% battery health. Whether or not this is going to last I don't really care. If it makes it to 80% by the time it gets to 500 cycles, I'm not going to worry that the progression of that number somehow "got worse"

Battery iPhone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.