Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone battery

My Iphone 12 is one year old and my battery capacity is 90% is that good?

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 6:45 AM

It is normal to see some decline after a year.

To learn about maximizing battery life and lifespan, read this support document --> Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

"A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge."

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2023 6:45 AM in response to Bluejean-13

It is normal to see some decline after a year.

To learn about maximizing battery life and lifespan, read this support document --> Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

"A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge."

Apr 8, 2023 7:06 AM in response to Bluejean-13

As my first response indicates, yes, that is good. It is only if you saw a decline to below 80% in the first year that Apple would consider that outside of "normal" performance. How much decline you see will depend upon your usage of the device but even if you don't use it, a battery will simply degrade with time. That said, I have a 6 year old iPhone and its battery still says 84%.

Iphone battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.