Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Country accidentally changed on Apple Music on iPhone and can’t change back

I have an Apple Music subscription with Apple Music Canada and was looking up an album on my iPhone which apparently was only available in the US store. I got a prompt to switch stores and without thinking, clicked ok and was transferred to the US store. Now all my music and playlists are gone off my iPhone (although not off my other devises). I tried to get back by switching my country/region through the settings but it said I needed to cancel my Canadian Apple Music subscription first. I tried doing that (which didn’t really make sense anyways because I am apparently in the us store) but I am still getting the message that I can’t change stores. And if I try to see my settings from a browser, I am apparently still listed as being in Canada. How do I get everything back to how it was before I swapped stores?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 1:01 PM

You'll need to do the same thing you did to change in the first place. That being trying to access an item only available in the Canadian store and answering yes to the prompt.

The change store front change, is not tied to your Apple ID region in reality. So changing it there would not work, and is why its asking you to cancel your Canadian subscription.

The playlists and songs may have been permanently removed during the store change unfortunately.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2019 1:01 PM in response to Skgolling

You'll need to do the same thing you did to change in the first place. That being trying to access an item only available in the Canadian store and answering yes to the prompt.

The change store front change, is not tied to your Apple ID region in reality. So changing it there would not work, and is why its asking you to cancel your Canadian subscription.

The playlists and songs may have been permanently removed during the store change unfortunately.

Country accidentally changed on Apple Music on iPhone and can’t change back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.