Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I control an iTouch 4th generation with an iPhone SE or a 2010 MacBook Pro?

I have a very nice older docking station/stereo that I got from Apple, a Focal XS 2.1 Multimedia system. Sounds awesome. However, it only has a 30-pin connector, so it won't take anything that needs a lightning connector without an adapter, which I want to avoid. Anyway, I am currently running this using a 2nd generation iTouch, but that's pretty old now and really limited to just playing the AIFF playlist files on it. As I'm sure you all know, the latest iTouch with a 30-pin connector is the 4th generation. This system is set up in my wife's office, and not connected to another computer, just stand alone.

She also has both an iPhone SE and a 2010 MacBook Pro.

Q: Will either of those be able to control a 4th generation iTouch, either using Bluetooth or some other method?

The Focal XS has a remote to adjust volume, turn on or off, or skip tracks, but it would be nice to be able to change playlist files or programs (say AIFF files to Pandora or some other streaming service, etc.) and not have to get up and go over to do this manually on the iTouch.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 3:35 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 20, 2019 9:47 PM in response to MichelPM

OK, got it. Had no idea.

Thanks very much for the info, Michel. I do appreciate the expert community here.

I think the upgrade to a 4th gen iTouch will still be useful as it will give her the option of also playing Pandora or other streaming services, or even just other audio content available from the web. She'll just have to get up and cross the room to do it. Additional exercise, bonus!

Cheers -

Can I control an iTouch 4th generation with an iPhone SE or a 2010 MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.